Thursday, August 22, 2013

7th day of treatment, Killifish spawn, Log diving and Parasites


So I'm on my 7th day of treating my two tanks, the symptoms come and go.  Yesterday the fish looked awesome.  Today I get up and there are blood spots at the base of the pelvic fins of a C. Similis, thats new........, I can see some of the columnaris spots again on the C. blacks, male Killi shows a spot on his head and the Killi pair still spawned yesterday with the Corys quickly eating any eggs............They are all in the 20H.

 

I have incredible filtration on all my tanks, do 50% water changes every other day then treat again, the symptoms go away for a day then show back up. I plan on treating for at least 10 days and may switch to a sulfa drug and treat longer (if I can find anything in this area) as the strains of disease nowadays are especially resistant to our drugs.  No fish actually acts sick in the 20H but having seen how quickly it took that one C. black I'm not taking any chances. 


Now in the 36G the C. Eques are scratching and one has a white lump again by its pectoral fins............iiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I treated them 4 separate times for the same parasite, it seems to be just the one fish but now a second one is scratching.  Oh man I'm starting to go nuts I swear.  While I was going nuts I managed to shoot the L204 diving under the driftwood.





Now I'm stressed about whether I should be adding PraziPro with Furan meds LOL  Can you see me running my finger over my lips like bbblllbblbllbbbbbbbbbb!!!  Meanwhile the Amazon Frogbit plant is protesting to the meds and is developing holes and dying, so I pulled all of it out of my tanks.  Playing the death song for my other plants...............

Meanwhile back at the ranch, my giant C. Aeneus spawn officially outgrew the 20L yesterday, no matter what I did the water was cloudy, again that was driving me nuts (there's a theme)..... So I moved about 70 of them to the 55 gallon with the C. Trilineatus fry.  Still boatloads of Aeneus in the 20L, its crazy! I'm thinking there is close to 100 left in the tank. The water started to clear up this morning, which is good. I've been running a massive sponge filter with a power head and an external HOB with a pre-sponge, its just crazy how water could ever get cloudy in there........the usual 50% every other day water change, making sure no food left. 

So far I haven't gone over the edge of sanity but it was close this morning when there was no milk for my coffee............

No comments:

Post a Comment