Wednesday, July 17, 2013

C. Trilineatus Eggs Show Fish Embryo

Small dark embryos appearing
I noticed today, during a water change, that the Cory fry are becoming visible in the eggs. Kind of excited!   I've had no eggs fungus.  I did however drop one egg back in the parent tank during yesterday's water change.... which I was unable to locate again. Oops......I felt pretty bad but I'm kinda old and blind at this point, so I let it go. 

Corys love sunlight.  Will go sit in it for a while, basking.
New plant, Anubis "Nano"

The Corys spawned again late last night.  I did not collect the eggs this time .  I figured I should see how I do with these twelve eggs first.......bet egg #13  would like to alert FPS (fish protective services)about being dropped back in the parent tank......have my tanks inspected, maybe even my eyesight and sanity scrutinized.

Experiment:  I never did add methylene blue, or an air stone, instead I wanted to see if they would hatch and how the fry would do without it.  So far 100% egg fertilization and viability in a small cup with three complete water changes a day. Should be hatching within a day or so.  Then I'll be scrambling for what to do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment