Monday, July 29, 2013

Rainbows Depart To Better Waters



I bagged up and shipped off my Australian Rainbows this morning.  I guess I should say my son Lane's Rainbows.......... Two of them he purchased when he was 10 years old, so about six years ago.  The female was real close to 6 inches and the male not far behind.  They spawned almost every morning for most of the spring and summer this year.  I have a tank full of their offspring!  But, it was time for them to move to a bigger tank and spread their fins.  I'm hoping to have a photo of them in their new 120 gallon home in the living room of Finatic's Tropical Fish Store owner, Don Petty.  He says they're schooling with some other large rainbows and arrived unscathed. The Zebra Danios are no longer hugging the gravel in and out of the plants and are actually schooling up towards the surface again now that the big bullies are gone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment