Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ken's Shipment Arrived


The package with my earthworm pellets showed up by UPS July 30th.  Also inside was my Tom's small hang on the back canister filter.  I LOVE that thing! It set up super easy and the flow is perfect in the 20H.  Has a handy little spray arm is compact and fit behind the tank great.  I added this filter to aid the Fluval 2 already in the tank.  I recently added 10 Corydoras sp. Black babies and a male ancistrus to the tank and felt it needed some extra "oomph".
Another fun item was the WAY to big cave........not sure if I've forgotten the size of an inch or..............but it takes up the entire back corner of the 20H.  It will have to be utilized in another tank, one that could use a bohemith  sized cave.
I've already posted about my new favorite net, the telescoping shrimp net, sure to be my favorite until I try to pull in a 5 inch fish thinking "eh I can do it" and rip the bottom out.......Yep, I do things like that.
FINALLY I got in some sponge filters and promptly placed one in each tank, never know when you'll need one, want that beneficial bacteria to be numerous when you plop it in a new tank.
The Ken's earthworm sticks have to be some of the messiest food I've ever fed.  I have a video that shows the cloud, I'll upload that for a later post.  Its like they ran through snow......They like it but its a real mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment