Monday, July 22, 2013

Fry Fry and more Fry


All 12 of the C. Trilineatus hatched and were doing well. So, on their second day, I put them in their new home, a small 1 gallon OLD crusty plastic container from the shed.  I scrubbed and chased the spiders out, put some sand in the bottom, a low flow corner filter (since the sponges haven't arrived yet) lots of plant clippings and water from the parents tank.  It had been up and running for a few days and the snails were happy so I figured it was safe.  I get the feeling I won't find them until they are 3 weeks old or so..........they blend real well.  Its like feeding ghosts........



Australian Rainbow fry
Parents of the fry
1 1/2 gallon corner tank
 It became very obvious I was not prepared for the next round of baby fish that hatched in my "garbage" container where I throw plant clippings and extra cups of flourite for later use.  It sits on the windowsill behind my fish tanks and the sun quickly has clipping starting new roots and leaves.  Noticed a bunch of eyeballs swimming around the other day.  They all look like different stages of Australian Rainbow fry.  I pulled some plants out so they could swim a bit and started feeding powdered and baby brine shrimp.  Looks to be about 20 in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment